Purebred – First Draft
Blog / August 5, 2015

A few days ago I finally managed to complete the first draft of my WIP called Purebred. I set out to both start and finish the draft in July, but ended up missing my goal with just three days. On August 3rd I wrote the final word and I have to say it felt really good, despite the fact that I didn’t meet my goal. But who cares, the draft is done now and I am happy about that. I tried something a little bit different this time, and instead of writing a lot of stuff I decided to try and narrow it down a bit and just stick to the basic stuff I wanted in the novel. When I wrote Hunted my first draft ended up being 130k words, which was way too much and since then I have struggled so much with cutting and finding ways to get to the point without all of those words. And as I said, it has been difficult. So for Purebred I finished at only 50k words for the first draft, with the intention of adding more. I figured that maybe it would be easier to add stuff, rather than take it…