I was nominated for the Infinity Dreams Award by the amazingly talented Kaitlyn at E.M. Lita, who has also been a super helpful and given me so much great feedback on my latest manuscript.
Here are the rules for this nomination.
- Thank and follow the blog that nominated you.
- Tell us eleven facts about yourself.
- Answer the questions that were set for you to answer.
- Nominate 11 bloggers and set questions for them. (Personally, I’m not sure I have that many friends though)
11 Random Facts
- I’m completely addicted to video games and computer games.
- When I was 8 years old I began breeding rabbits and went to shows and everything. Eventually had over twenty individuals, but by 17 I transitioned into breeding cats instead.
- I’m very blunt and honest. Don’t ask me something if you’re not ready to hear the truth.
- I met my husband through my mother. He was helping her renovate her house while I was in Africa working. She texted me saying I should come home because she had found a man for me. Guess she was right.
- I live on a small farm in the middle of the woods in a village where hardly anyone wants to live. And I like it.
- I have so many different hobbies that it’s almost exhausting to keep up.
- I have my own company as a graphic designer and photographer.
- Cooking is one of the worst things I know.
- I’m so bad at keeping in touch with my friends it’s embarrassing.
- I write so fast that my fingers automatically type the words and my brain can’t keep up. This often results in having texts with an embarrassing amount of wrong words (even after I’ve checked for them). Something those who read my manuscripts are well aware of.
- Hunted was the first ever novel I wrote. All 130k words of the first draft was written in one month (November 2014). Then I spent a whole year trying to trim it down.
11 questions from who nominated me
- What are your goals for the remainder of 2015?
To finish the revisions of my second novel Purebred and finish the outline of my newest work in progress.
- If you had to wear one item of clothing for the rest your life, what would it be and why?
A pair of comfortable jeans because they would work for most occasions and still look good when they begin to tear.
- Favorite flavor of ice cream?
Vanilla (yes, I’m kind of boring)
- How many bookcases do you currently own?
None. I don’t keep most books after I’ve read them.
- Do you have any half-finished manuscripts hidden away in a drawer somewhere? If yes, summarize one.
Not really, but I have a whole bunch of outlines and ideas just waiting to be written.
- Do you prefer writing with a pen or pencil (or keyboard!), and why?
Definitely keyboard. My handwriting is the worst and no one can read it (including me).
- Is there a favorite book you go to for inspiration when writing a tough scene? If yes, what is it and why?
No. If I need inspiration I close my eyes and start to play my novel as a movie in my own head, eventually I find different ways to do it.
- Do you insist on solitude for writing, or can you indulge in background noise?
It’s almost always silent in my home, but I can work even if there is background noise.
- Serial comma: yay or nay?
- Favorite season?
Summer. I hate the cold and the winter. I want summer all year. Yet, I live in a place where it’s always cold.
- The final and most important question from Buddy the Elf: What’s your favorite color.
So then to the part where I nominate some very talented writers.
Here are my questions for the new nominees.
- What do you do to get in the mood to write?
- What’s your favorite animal?
- Do you have a current WIP or writing project?
- What is one thing you dream of achieving as a writer?
- What is your favorite book?
- How many books do you own?
- Where do you go for inspiration?
- When did you start writing?
- Are you a pantser or plotter? What sort of planning, if any, do you do before writing your first draft of a novel?
- If you could travel anywhere in the world, where would you go and why?
- What skills do you like most about yourself?